About Dry Red Chilli
Chilli is the dried ripe fruit of the genus Capsicum. Capsicum annuum is an annual sub –shrub, the flowers of which are borne singly and fruits usually pendent, which provide red peppers, cayenne, paprika and chillies and sweet pepper (bell pepper) a mild form with large inflated fruits.
Capsicum frutescence is a perennial chilly with small sized pods which are highly pungent. It is commonly known as ‘bird chilly’ and ‘Tabasco’.
Different Varieties, GUNTUR SANAM S4/334, TEJA/S 17, S12, WONDER HOT, S273, INDO 5
Teja Chilli is one of the hottest varieties of Chilli available. Widely known as S17 Teja Chilli, this is one of the popular varieties for international buyers. Exported in Stemless, with Stem and powder form to international markets.
Appearance and Characteristics- Bright Red Colour, Thin Skin & Fiery hot.
ASTA Colour Value: 50 - 70
Pungency: 65,000 - 85,000 SHU
12 chilli is specifically grown on fertile lands of India widely and has a nice aromatic flavour with medium pungent taste. In a recent years S12 chilli fetching more demand from international as well as domestic buyers. And, also become one of the preferred red chili types among chilli buyers. These red chilies are Unique in feature of "stemless by nature".
General Character – Medium length, Bright Red Colour & Stemless.
ASTA Colour Value: 40-50.
Pungency: 40,000-50,000 SHU.
GUNTUR SANNAM-S4 TYPE
- Grown in Guntur,Warangal,Khammam Districts of Andhra Pradesh
- Skin thick,hot and red
- Harvesting season - December to May
- Annual Production - 2,80,000 tonnes
- Available in Guntur market
- ASTA colour value- 32.11
MADHYA PRADESH G.T.SANNAM
- Grown in Indore, Malkapur Chikli and Elachpur areas of Madhya Pradesh
- Red in colour and pungent
- Harvesting season-January to March
- Annual Production - 7500 tonnes
- Available in major markets of Madhya Pradesh.
ELLACHIPUR SANNAM-S4 TYPE
- Grown in Amaravathi District of Maharashtra
- Reddish in colour and very hot
- Annual Production - 1800 tonnes
- Harvesting season-September to December
- Available in Bombay,Delhi,Ahemedabad and Nagpur
- ASTA colour value - 70.40
- Grown in Dharwar Karnataka
- Red in colour with less pungency or without pungency
- Harvesting season-January to May
- Annual Production-21,000 tonnes
- Available in Hubli-Dharwad markets
- ASTA colour value-159.9
Get in touch
Have a product enquiry or a general question? We’d be glad to hear from you. Just use the form below or choose one of the alternative means of communication. We will get back to you as soon as we can.